The Relief Association provides financial assistance or advancements to those who exhibit a verifiable need. To qualify, you must fill out an application that will be reviewed and vetted by the Board of Trustees Relief Committee.
For requests greater than $2,000, you will need to provide the additional financial information:
- Two most recent pay stubs
- Your latest tax return/1040
- Current bank statements (Savings, Trust, Annuities, Stock & Bond Accounts and ANY other source of income)
- Trust Fund/Accounts
- Letter of denial from the Los Angeles Firemen’s Credit Union (for emergency advancements only)
All requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted regarding your request.
It is important to follow these steps to ensure your application will be processed:
- Download the appropriate form – Financial Assistance form or Emergency Advancement form.
- Contact Member Services. (Do not mail form without contacting Member Services first).
- Before calling, be advised you may need to have any necessary documents on-hand.
- Send application to be received at least two days prior to the meeting date. (See calendar of Trustee Committee Meetings).
- Once an application is deemed complete by Member Services, it goes to the Relief Committee for review. Members will be notified at that time if they are approved for assistance.
- In some requests the member will have to appear in person to the Relief Committee.
The application for financial assistance requires a live signature and cannot be faxed or e-mailed.
Mail form to:
Los Angeles Firemen’s Relief Association
Attn: Member Services
P.O. Box 41903
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Still have questions? Call Member Services at (323) 259-5200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.