Since 1906, Los Angeles City Firefighters have entrusted the Los Angeles Firemen’s Relief Association to be there for them and those they leave behind.
The needs of our firefighters are unique because the profession poses many dangers and consequences. Founded on the mission of “firefighters helping firefighters,” the Relief offers programs and assistance for firefighters and their families.
Think of us as a full-service organization available at your fingertips. We offer many benefits to our members such as:
- Self-funded Relief (LAFRA) PPO Fire Medical Plan
- Relief Kaiser Medical Plan
- Life & Accident Fund
- Compensation for members who become sick or injured in a situation not connected to normal duty (NIOD)
- Death Benefit to members up to $5,000 to a designated beneficiary
- Estate Planning Benefit up to $600 reimbursement for writing a Will and/or Living Trust
- The Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen’s Fund for times of financial hardships or other crisis
Explore the Relief Benefits menu for more information or download the membership application now. (You may only sign up within the first five years of your LAFD service. For other eligibility requirements, please see our By-Laws.)
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com or call (323) 259-5200.
Thank you for your interest in a Los Angeles Firemen’s Relief Association membership.