For Relief PPO Medical Plan Members
- Maximum coverage increased to $950 per person
- Scan from contracted provider Medical Imaging Center of Southern California, includes (at no out-of-pocket expense):
– MRI abdomen and pelvis scan for liver, kidneys, adrenals, pancreas and spleen
– Heart scan, including calcium score and CT coronary angiogram
– Low-dose Lung CT – lung cancer screening
- You may select other providers whose rates may vary and could include out-of-pocket costs
- Limit one scan every 3 years
- As of January 1, 2021, maximum coverage was increased to $950.
Body Scan Visit:
- Upon arrival and throughout their visit, a MICSC Staff Member will explain what they should expect during their visit (i.e.; what tests will be performed, what will happen after the test, when they can expect their results, etc.)
- A LAFRA Member will not discuss the findings with a provider directly following the visit unless there are findings that warrant an immediate discussion.
- Within 48 hours of the test, a report will be sent to the patient’s primary physician. If the Member does not have a primary physician, the report will be sent directly to the Member.
- A booklet that contains the test results will be sent to the Member within 3-5 days of the visit.
- A MICSC provider will call the Member, within a few days of the visit, if there were findings on the report.
Consult your personal physician before undergoing health tests.
Visit micsc.com to find more about this provider or call (310) 829-9788.
*All benefits subject to change; for Questions about the Relief PPO Medical Plan, call (866) 995-2372.
Watch this video to learn more about these screenings.