Have yourself a little less stress and earn 1,000 reward points. How does the challenge work?It is not uncommon to experience stress and anxiety during the holidays. Tracking your stress can help remind you to stay positive and take a…
WHEN TO VOTE: Voting will open October 23rd, 2020 at 9 AM PT, and will run through November 23rd, 2020 10 AM PT. On October 23rd, 2020 you will be receiving an email and/or a text message to vote. The…
Testing For COVID-19 Does LAFRA cover the test for COVID-19? Yes. LAFRA will waive cost sharing (copayment, coinsurance, and deductible) for COVID‐19 testing, including approved antibody tests, during this national emergency. We are also waiving cost sharing for COVID‐19 testing…
Just as an army marches on its stomach, the LA City Fire Department rolls on its wheels.
ON THANKSGIVING DAY 2018, Firefighter Derek Cook had finished transporting a patient in cardiac arrest to a downtown Los Angeles hospital when the unexpected happened.
On September 16, 2019, Netflix debuted The Game Changers, a documentary that changed the way viewers examined their eating habits.
Enjoy Panera Bread & Panera Fundraising will donate a portion of the proceeds from your purchase
Honor someone special this Thanksgiving season by giving back in their name! It’s a meaningful way to pay tribute to a friend or family member and keeps them in everyone’s heart and mind this holiday season. Each gift will help provide food, housing and healthcare to firefighter families in need. Just use the tribute box and enter the name of your honoree.
features our Muertos Coffee Co. fundraiser
Celebrate #GivingTuesday December 1
Be a Hero to a Hero by:
- Setting up a Fundraiser in their honor, get started here
- Making a one-time or recurring donation
- Asking a business or employer to donate by:
- Giving 10, 15 or 20% percent of sales to our charity on a specific date or for a whole month!
- Giving 100% of sales of a specialty ‘Firefighter Appreciation’ item
- Matching employee donations dollar for dollar
- Purchasing items from our fundraising partners, Panera Bread, Muertos Coffee and Straws for Heroes
- Sharing why you appreciate firefighters on social media using #GiveToAHero and asking people to donate to the Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firefighter’s Fund