A lot of information surrounding annual physicals has been published lately. The Relief Association Board of Trustees wants to take this opportunity to clarify the annual physical coverage under the Relief PPO Medical Plan. The information below provides details regarding the benefit:
- The Relief PPO has offered an annual physical benefit for over 10 years. This is not a new benefit.
- Comprehensive annual physicals are covered at 100% if you use an Anthem Blue Cross PPO provider – no deductibles or copays apply.
- If your provider wants to refer you to a specialist (i.e.; a cardiologist), you may go to a specialist of your choosing but again, we’d recommend a contracted Anthem Blue Cross provider to get the best discounts.
- During your visit, make sure to provide your provider’s office with your Relief PPO Medical ID card so they can bill the plan correctly.
- In addition to the annual physical, Relief PPO plan members are eligible for a body scan – once every three years, and a colonoscopy screening – once every five years, beginning at age 50.
If you have additional questions surrounding annual physicals, contact HealthComp at (866)-995-2372.
FOR BODY SCAN INFORMATION CONTACT:
MEDICAL IMAGING CENTER OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA