Firefighter Justin Mendence set up a special needs trust to ensure his son and entire family is taken care of in the best manner possible.
“You want to think everybody’s going to take care of your kid because everybody loves him, but unless you have a plan in place…you’re planning to fail. Leaving it to chance is not in me and my wife’s vocabulary.”
A Special Needs Trust Helps You:
• Set up long-term funding for living expenses & care
• Determine who will be the primary caregiver
• Create an advisory group of experts to help caregivers make sound decisions
• Ensure your child or loved one’s assets are protected & well-managed
• Ensure your child or loved one maintains eligibility for special services
“I sleep a little bit easier at night knowing that my son is set up for his entire life,” Justin said.
Whether you care for a child or adult with special needs or not, everyone should consider setting up an estate plan. Ask for a “Getting Started Kit” today by emailing Relief Association Development & Marketing Director Marlene Casillas at MCasillas@lafra.org or calling (323) 259-5217.