More care options while you’re away from home
No matter where life takes you, Kaiser Permanente has you covered. If something unexpected happens while you’re away from home, it’s easier than ever to get care.
Routine care at your fingertips
Use your kp.org account or the Kaiser Permanente app on the go to:
- Get medical advice from a licensed care professional 24/7
- Access care by phone➊, video➊, or e- visit — usually at no cost➋
- Email non-urgent questions to your doctor’s office
Urgent and emergency care anywhere in the world➌
No matter where you get urgent or emergency care, you can file a claim for reimbursement. And at many locations outside Kaiser Permanente states, you’ll only pay your copay or coinsurance — no need to file a claim.
- Cigna PPO Network➍ providers
- MinuteClinics®, including pharmacies➎
- Concentra clinics➎
Support while you’re away
Need help finding care or learning what’s covered while you’re away? Call the Away from Home Travel Line at 951-268-3900 (TTY 711)➏ or visit kp.org/travel.
Learn more at kp.org/travel
1. When appropriate and available. If you travel out of state, phone appointments and video visits may not be available due to state laws that may prevent doctors from providing care across state lines. Laws differ by state. 2. If you have an HSA-qualified deductible plan, you may need to pay the full charges for scheduled phone appointments and video visits until you reach your deductible. Once you reach your deductible, you won’t pay anything for scheduled phone appointments and video visits. 3. If you believe you have an emergency medical condition, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. For the complete definition of an emergency medical condition, please refer to your Evidence of Coverage or other coverage documents. 4. The Cigna PPO Network refers to the health care providers (doctors, hospitals, specialists) contracted as part of the Cigna PPO for Shared Administration. 5. MinuteClinic and Concentra payment experiences vary by plan. 6. This number can be dialed inside and outside the United States. Before the phone number, dial “001” for landlines and “+1” for mobile lines if you’re outside the country. Long-distance charges may apply, and we can’t accept collect calls. The phone line is closed on major holidays (New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas). It closes early the day before a holiday at 10 p.m. Pacific time (PT), and it reopens the day after a holiday at 4 a.m. PT.