MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Special Board Meeting
July 31, 2008
CALL TO ORDER
President David Marino called the Special Board meeting to order at 9:22 a.m.
- David Marino, President
- Robert Steinbacher, Vice- President
- Trustee James Coburn, Battalion 1
- Trustee Gene Bednarchik – Battalion 2
- Trustee Juan Albarran – Battalion 3
- Trustee Tim Larson – Battalion 6
- Trustee Gary Matsubara, Battalion 7
- Trustee David Peters – Battalion 10
- Trustee Michael Overholser – Battalion 14
- Trustee Frank Hernandez – Battalion 17
- Trustee Dennis Mendenhall – Battalion 18
- Trustee David Ortiz – Headquarters 1
- Trustee Kurt Stabel – Headquarters 2
- Trustee Warren Braun – Pension 1
- Trustee Tom Stires – Pension 2
- Trustee Robert Henderson – Pension 3
- Secretary/Treasurer- Andy Kuljis
- Executive Director – David Ned Smith
- Trustee Chris Hart, Battalion 4 (Excused)
- Trustee Mark Akahoshi, Battalion 5 (Excused)
- Trustee Doak Smith, Battalion 9 (Excused)
- Trustee Chris Stine, Battalion 11 (Excused)
- Trustee William Dunn, Battalion 12 (Excused)
- Trustee John Jacobsen, Battalion 13 (Excused)
- Trustee Glen Prine, Battalion 15 (Excused)
- Robert Ridley, Farmer & Ridley
ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE REPORT
Chairman David Peters entertained a motion to approve the contract between LAFRA and HealthScope Benefits. Contract includes a three-year rate guarantee with the option to termination with 30-day notice at LAFRA’s discretion. There was no discussion or objections.
Motion carried to approve the contract between LAFRA and HealthScope Benefits.
Board entered into Executive Session at 9:24am.
Board adjourned from Executive Session at 9:43am.
President David Marino entertained a motion to approve the actions taken in the Executive Session. Warren Braun so moved. David Ortiz seconded the motion. There was no discussion or objections.
Motion carried to approve the actions taken in the Executive Session.
David Marino asked for the Boards approval of the following statement to be included in the minutes;
All matters involving a member have been resolved with Board approval in order to comply with the Board’s fiduciary obligations to LAFRA members. David Peters so moved. David Ortiz seconded the motion. There was no discussion or objections.
Motion carried to approve the above statement and include in the minutes.
David Marino entertained a motion to adjourn the Special Board Meeting. David Ortiz so moved. Frank Hernandez seconded the motion. There was no discussion and no objections.
Motion carried to adjourn the Special Board meeting at 9:45 a.m.
David Marino, President