MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Special Board Meeting
February 23, 2010
CALL TO ORDER
President David Marino called the Special Board meeting to order at 11:10 a.m.
MEMBERS PRESENT :
- David Marino, President
- John Jacobsen, Vice- President
- Trustee Jeff Cawdrey, Battalion 1
- Trustee Gene Bednarchik – Battalion 2
- Trustee Juan Albarran – Battalion 3
- Trustee James Coburn, Battalion 4
- Trustee Mark Akahoshi, Battalion 5
- Trustee Doak Smith, Battalion 9
- Trustee David Peters – Battalion 10
- Trustee Gary Matsubara, Battalion 11
- Trustee Chris Stine, Battalion 13
- Trustee Michael Overholser – Battalion 14
- Trustee Steven Domanski, Battalion 15
- Trustee Frank Hernandez – Battalion 17
- Trustee Chris Hart – Battalion 18
- Trustee David Ortiz – Headquarters 1
- Trustee Kurt Stabel – Headquarters 2
- Trustee David Lowe – Pension 1
- Trustee Barry Hedberg – Pension 2
- Trustee Ralph Brownell – Pension 3
- Secretary/Treasurer- Andy Kuljis
- Executive Director – David Ned Smith
- Controller-Treasurer – Todd Layfer
- Trustee Craig White, Battalion 12 (Excused)
- Trustee Robert Steinbacher, Battalion 7 (Excused)
- Trustee Tim Larson – Battalion 6 (Excused)
MEDICAL COMMITTEE REPORT
David Peters stated that with further review of their recommendation to increase the medical premium rates, they have decided to change the increase from 3% for actives and 7% for retired to 2.5% for active and 7% for retired. He stated that the decision was based on the information obtained about active members not receiving a subsidy increase for the second year. He mentioned that the increased rate allows them to continue to offer the plan enhancements that were offered at the last Board meeting.
The committee recommends and I so move to change the medical premium rate increases from 3% for actives and 7% for retired to 2.5% for active and 7% for retired. He also mentioned that they were able to change the ambulance benefit to 100% coverage for emergency transportation in and out of network and 80% for non-PPO non emergency transportation. There was no further discussion or objections.
Motion carried to approve the change in medical premium rate increases from 3% for actives and 7% for retired to 2.5% for actives and 7% for retired.
Board entered into Executive Session at 11:14am.
Board adjourned from Executive Session at 12:05pm.
The Board instructed the Administrative Committee to conclude a personnel matter.
David Marino entertained a motion to adjourn the Special Board Meeting. David Peters so moved. Gary Matsubara seconded the motion. There was no discussion and no objections.
Motion carried to adjourn the Special Board meeting at 12:10p.m.
David Marino, President