On June 7th, 2015, all department members, active and retired were invited to come say farewell to old Fire Station 15. The firehouse opened on July 3, 1950, at 915 W Jefferson Blvd. and served the USC area including the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Shrine Auditorium and Expo Park.
The new facility is located just two blocks away at the corner of Hoover and 30th Street. It sports an Italian Romanesque design and sits on an acre of land, three times the size of the existing station. The contemporary upgrades in the station will help responders keep pace with new developments and protect the prominent sites in the district. Upgrades include a “drive-through” section for fire trucks and engines to improve response times.
Photos by Robert Gladden. LAFD retired