Relief PPO Medical Plan Members
Going to the ER for a non-emergency could cost you money. BEFORE you end up with a huge bill, consider:
A TRUE EMERGENCY
> Endangers your life or could result in a serious injury or disability
> Requires immediate medical or surgical care
> Many Urgent Care facilities open early, close late and offer weekend care. The average out-of-pocket cost is about 10x less
Even if the Hospital or Urgent Care is a preferred, in-network provider, associated doctors and labs may be out-of-network, which could cost you more.
Always verify preferred providers at anthem.com/ca or by calling 866-99-LAFRA (866-995-2372) or by asking the provider directly as in-network contracts change. Preferred providers should never ask for payment upfront.
HOW TO LOCATE URGENT CARE FACILITIES
- Log on to anthem.com/ca
- Click “Find Urgent Care” on the right side of the screen
- Enter your state on the left side of the screen
- If you live in California, under “Selecting a plan/network,” choose: Blue Cross PPO (Prudent Buyer) – Large Group
- If You Live Outside California, under “Select a plan/network,” choose: National Blue Card (PPO)
- Click “Select and Continue”
- Enter your specific search criteria and click search
For a list of popular Urgent Care facilities in Southern California, click here.