WHEN TO VOTE:
Voting will open October 23rd, 2020 at 9 AM PT, and will run through November 23rd, 2020 10 AM PT. On October 23rd, 2020 you will be receiving an email and/or a text message to vote.
- The email to vote will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Adding this email to your address book prior to voting could keep the email from ending up in your spam folder.
- The text message to vote will provide a link and come from either 1-877-225-8712 or 1-877-225-8482.
- You will have the option to vote via the email link or text message link if LAFRA has this information for you. You will NOT be able to vote twice.
If you are running into issues while voting online please email email@example.com for assistance. For example, if you do not receive a notice to vote by October 24th, 2020 and LAFRA has an email address or cell phone for you on file. Or, if you are hitting an error page, you should reach out to this email address.
ONLINE VS. PAPER
You will receive a paper ballot if LAFRA does not have an email address or cell number for you. This paper ballot will be sent out on October 27th 2020 and provide you with information to vote online; or, you can fill out the paper ballot and return it. If you do not receive this paper ballot by November 6th, 2020 you should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and they can assist you with voting as your notice may have been lost in the mail.
CONFIRMATION THAT WE RECEIVED YOUR VOTE:
If LAFRA has an email address on file for you, an email notice confirming that your ballot has been received will be sent to you.
- When you receive your email notice/text message/paper ballot there will be a ballot link included. Selecting this ballot link or typing it out will take you to your ballot in a web browser.
- Following the link will bring you to the ballot which will contain the voting instructions and the ballot information. You will then cast your vote on the ballot, following the instructions.
- After you have selected your choices, you will then be asked to verify your vote by selecting the “Verify your selection” button.
- Once you have verified your vote, you will be asked to submit the ballot by selecting the “Submit ballot” button.
- After the ballot is submitted you will be directed to a confirmation page which will give you a unique verification code. If LAFRA has an email address for you, this will also be sent to you via your ballot receipt email.
A few words from Joe Vigil, Chairman, Election Committee, LAFRA – click here.